The tiny little steps

Yesterday, little Aaryan surprised me by standing up on his own; I almost had tears in my eyes - Aaryan, you were so happy on your act that you simply laughed and smiled incessantly. My little son is growing up ..soon you shall be walking on your own. Well you walk even now but you like to hold my finger all the time; sometimes I feel I need your hands to hold my fingers more than you need mine ...

How shall be the day when you will walk away from me? It shall be lovely, of course, to see you from a distance - to see you to the heart's content but will my hands be able to bear the separation....?

Few months back, I wanted to write about our days more and more often - to capture your days and little wonders that you create. As the days passed, I realized I no longer wanted so because it was much more important to spend even those moments with you. Soon, you are gonna be 14 months ... and really growing fast :) Sometimes, I want the time to stop, here and now with you in my lap, with me nibbling or ticking at your toddler's feet which fit in the palm of my hands.

We both dress up as you are eager to get out in the street. You jump down from my lap as we get down and wave to your guard uncle with your finger pointing to the nearest parked motorcycle. We clearly hear the sound of "Burrrr" - from sweet you signalling the start of motorcycle and I can see that you are ready to venture out in the world. You look at me as if you say "I am ready, Dad". I want to say "Oh..yes, but wait..let me see, I am not ready yet". But instead I smile and hold your hands and let you go...there, on your tiny little steps, with all my love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aaryan and Gurudwara/Church

Timepass

First Grief