Now go to bed, little one

Another beautiful day has passed. We lie on the bed, a little tired but Aaryan seems wide awake. Sometimes he sleeps quick after the evening walk while sometimes he does get sleepy but no sooner do we reach home than he gets back to his chirpy self and becomes a bundle of energy again.

Aaryan is jumping, sometimes on bed, sometimes on me and his mom. We giggle, yawn, tickle and snuggle. The sky looks beautiful with full moon looking its radiant best; its a starry night and its lovely to look at them lying on our beds through the balcony curtains.  

Little Aaryan, as always, is all ears for a story but wants me to retell the same story again which he has been hearing from me since last 7 nights :) The story is about the time when I was a young kid and hurt myself on chin. This boy, for sure, seems to have a special ear for stories and talks involving hurting oneself and putting band-aids Or bandages. Anyhow, I try to entice him with talks about new stories that I can tell to him

I - "Should I tell you about the time when I got lost in the city Or maybe when I was bitten by a dog?" 
A - "Hmm..no, no no. Okay...tell me this too but later. First the one when you hurt yourself on chin"

"OK" - as I brace myself for another narration
and suddenly Aaryan says "बाबा, तुम बहुत प्यारे  हो" and then turning over to his mom says "मैया, तुम भी बहुत प्यारी हो"

We are amazed and tell him "but this is what we should be telling to you. You are our child, isnt it?" 

and Aaryan says "No, let me say. बाबा, मैया तुम दोनों बहुत ही प्यारे हो। "

and we shower the little one with kisses which, of course, he cleans away with his hands, giggling mischievously and then teasing "मैं तो ऐसे ही कह रहा था " 

Amidst all this fun, love and laughter - we think and say to each other that we are the luckiest persons in the world because we get to be your parents, dear Aaryan. Now our sweet little Kush, go the bed and sleep tight. Love you.


Comments

Unknown said…
Thus must have Rama and Krishna delighted their parents at Aaryan's age. Lovely beyond words! God bless our Kush! - CR

Popular posts from this blog

Aaryan and Gurudwara/Church

कबीर - जैसे पूर्णिमा के चाँद !!

मैं तुम्हें पहचान लूंगी