Amusing things kids say

Cool breeze greets us as we step out of home into our car to go to a kids park nearby with  little Aaryan. At 4 years of age, Aaryan, like any other kid of his age, loves the swings and slides of the park and best of all, loves to gang up with new kids that he gets to meet in the neighborhood parks.

Dinosaurs,here I come.” Aaryan screams while jumping on his car seat. The energy levels are high and so it happens what always does when you are over-excited. I took a wrong turn and kind of lost my way. Stopping the car at the left of the road, I wave to a person on the cycle and ask for directions. We get the directions in the smarm Marathi accent “सीधे जाओ,फिर लेफ्ट मारो। थोड़ा आगे जाओ,फिर राईट मारो।”

I thank the guy and am about to start the car when someone from behind calls up “Wait, Uncle..सुनोना।” I turn my head a little and find Aaryan waving his hand at the guy calling him over. (What...?) As the person inches near the rear window, surprise.... Aaryan slaps his own left cheek and says “यह लो,लेफ्ट मारा” and then slaps his own right cheek to say “यह लो राईट मारा. अब बताओ,पार्क कहाँ है?” It takes us a little to understand and then giggles flow all over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aaryan and Gurudwara/Church

कबीर - जैसे पूर्णिमा के चाँद !!

First Grief